Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Moxie: Inspirations from INA by Greta Schraer


Greta Schraer the 2010 INA Nanny of the Year shares with us her inspirations from the 2010 INA Conference.

On her High 5 Friday Cincy Nanny Blog, Greta writes:

Wheeew! I am a person that lives for purpose. I am not sure if it's just how I was born, if it's because of my faith or because I have seen those close to me make bad choices that in turn affect those around them. Whatever the reason is, I decided long ago, to live every day to the fullest. I am certain that no "reason for living" or "purpose" is better than another, all I know is that we have individual, unique and beautiful giftings to share with our circle of influence. Sometimes I do get off track, and I wonder, "should I be doing THIS thing like THAT person?" Then a voice inside me reminds me that all I have to be is what I was made to be.
What a relief!
What a challenge.
Have you felt that the deep knowing that if you don't accomplish the secret desire in your head... then it will never be? What could be a legendary, has the possibility of never happening.
{You: "I thought I was reading a Nanny Blog?" Me: Hang in there I hope to be going somewhere with what seems like pointless babble}.
I love to be challenged. I wish I had 3 Sundays a week to sit and read and ponder. To question. To Dream. That is why when an educational event comes along, I am psyched. When the workshops are about things my heart is passionate about, my spirit is enlightened and I smile a little bit wider. I love to learn. Go ahead and say it..."dork!"
This past week, I went to the annual International Nanny Association Conference in San Francisco! This was my 2nd conference and I was so excited to have 3 more Professional Nannies from Cincinnati joining me this year. When I attended last year, I was challenged by a keynote speaker and my peers, "What do you have to give?". I knew that I had the knowledge of this Nanny world, that so many in my city did not know of. I had the desire to go find the Nannies and give them them information, resources, and community that they didn't even know they needed. To have a few of these Nannies now join me at conference, feels like a full circle moment.

0 comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels

How to reach & find us

You can email us at
regardingnannies (at) gmail (dot) com

Regarding Nannies Goal

The goal of Regarding Nannies is to bring together a variety of professional nanny related blogs and resources that will assist in projecting a professional image of the nanny industry. As well as serving as an information source for all nanny/child related topics and resources to nannies regardless of where they are on the career ladder.





Internet Copyright Notice

This website and its content is copyright of Regarding Nannies © 2009. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP