Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Tips:Your A to Z Guide to Getting Organized


Your A to Z Guide to Getting Organized
By Melody Warnick
Womans Day Magazine January 2010
Intro by Alice Shaffer


After the holidays and vacation, I found myself with a large pile of mail and magazines. I love all the various magazines I get for free through various offers. I found the January 2010 issue of Womans Day. As I was thumbing through it I saw a two page spread with the first letter of alphabet in bold colored print. I continued reading....it was an A to Z Guide to Getting Organized. I read three of them and was hooked! I personally want to be more organized in 2010.


These are the letters that spoke to me:
E: Evaluate Your System This is why I am thankful I have two friends in my life who enjoy organizing people's stuff. I let them practice on my stuff. It is time for another purging of the system in the next month or so.
F: File Faster-I love how this was just a simple 4 file system. I am going to alter this a bit and use a notebook with pockets in it, since I have an abundance of those around and they can go in a bag to take on the go.
Q: Quit Collecting Pick a number and stick to it. If you go over the number one item must disappear from your collection. If you know me, you realize I love turtles and have a large turtle collection. I also have an decent size original Winnie the Pooh collection. I have cut off the collections in the past in not adding. Now I add true original looking items that are not necessarily massed produced. I think I will be adopting this rule to my Stamping collection for 2010! I have so many stamps and items to go with stamping that I am not sure anymore what I have and don't have.
U: Unclutter with Color This was a cool idea, put a colored sticker on items and if you don't use them in 6 months they get donated, sold or passed along to someone else. When you use it you take the sticker off. This will be handy for my clothes.

to read the full article please visit Woman's Day

Your A-to-Z Guide to Getting Organized

Start the new year off right by getting everything in order

By Melody Warnick Posted December 15, 2009 from Woman's Day; January 5, 2010


0 comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels

How to reach & find us

You can email us at
regardingnannies (at) gmail (dot) com

Regarding Nannies Goal

The goal of Regarding Nannies is to bring together a variety of professional nanny related blogs and resources that will assist in projecting a professional image of the nanny industry. As well as serving as an information source for all nanny/child related topics and resources to nannies regardless of where they are on the career ladder.





Internet Copyright Notice

This website and its content is copyright of Regarding Nannies © 2009. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP