Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Creative Nanny: Watermelon Day








I have known Gael Ann for almost as many years as I have been a nanny.
I love getting her weekly email about their Discover and Learn activities. She and Nanny Paula have graciously agreed to share it with all of you today.
Watermelon Day
by Nanny Paula and Nanny Gael Ann
Once a week Nanny Paula and I get our charges together and do what we call "Discover and Learn".
Based on a fun kid friendly theme we enjoy a morning of age appropriate activities and learning experiences. Depending on the theme of the week you might find us doing a craft project, cooking, or exploring a science concept.We like to include stories, songs, games, creative activities or an outing to further our "studies" of the topic of the week. Our Discover and Learn mornings end with a shared brown bag lunch.
By pre-planning themes a month in advance we have time to gather materials we already have, purchase any additional craft supplies needed, borrow a book/CD/DVD from the library, or prepare projects that need a little set up time.

I try to capture some of our fun with digital photos and short video clips which then get emailed to the parents, grandparents and assorted interested friends so they can share in our adventures each week.

Go to the Creative Nanny for the lesson plan we prepared for: Watermelon Day

1 comments:

Lisa August 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Very cute. I have visited you website before and I'm impressed with your ideas. Thanks for sharing them. I love the techniques you use to conceal faces for confidentiality purposes.

I would love to be doing stuff in my neighborhood with other children. My charge is still to young. In a former job though I was doing things like this all the time.

My big regret --- at that time I wasn't taking some continuing ECE workshops where I had to be more childcare center like and create the lesson plans and try them out on a few kids and observe.

Guess what I'm doing now, only I don't have that many preschoolers around to complete these assignments adequately.

So my suggestion, if you WANT or NEED clock hours there are some great online workshop places that have classes for a few dollars where you can take what you are already doing and get credit for.

Thanks for sharing.

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Labels

How to reach & find us

You can email us at
regardingnannies (at) gmail (dot) com

Regarding Nannies Goal

The goal of Regarding Nannies is to bring together a variety of professional nanny related blogs and resources that will assist in projecting a professional image of the nanny industry. As well as serving as an information source for all nanny/child related topics and resources to nannies regardless of where they are on the career ladder.





Internet Copyright Notice

This website and its content is copyright of Regarding Nannies © 2009. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP